HEMAP Information for Homeownership Professionals
Due to the continued effects of COVID-19, the Agency has determined that we will not accept applications to the HEMAP Program at this time. This is a result of the courts currently not processing foreclosure actions and because Section 404-C(a)(7) of the Housing Finance Agency Law states that applications must be made through a face-to-face meeting. Any applications already in process will be completed by both the counseling agencies and PHFA/HEMAP.
Also, as a result, there is no need for the issuance of Act 91 Notices at this time. If they are set up to print automatically, the programming should be adjusted accordingly.
Pennsylvania Foreclosure Prevention Act 91 of 1983
Homeowners' Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (HEMAP) is a program to prevent mortgage foreclosure. Act 91 of 1983 requires lenders to notify their mortgagors of the Program. If the mortgagor applies within the required timeframe, no legal action should be taken until a decision is made on the application or the process becomes untimely.
Appendices & Notices
Appendices / Act 91 Notice
On April 30, 2016, PHFA has revised the combined Act 6/Act 91 Notice ("Notice") used for the Homeowners' Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program. The Act 91 Advisory Letter below provides more detail. The Notice is now required in English and Spanish and in addition, we have made translated versions available in Cambodian/Khmer, Chinese, Russian and Vietnamese for use when lenders are aware that the customer is likely to communicate in any of those alternative languages.
- * Act 91 Advisory Notice Update - 7/2016
- ** Act 91 Advisory Letter – 4/2016
- ** HEMAP Program Policy Statement – Chapter 31
- Act 91 Notice – Appendix A (effective 4/30/2016)
- Act 91 Notice – Appendix A (prior to 4/30/2016)
- Act 91 Notice – As a fillable form (effective 4/30/2016)
- Act 91 Notice – Cambodian/Khmer
- Act 91 Notice – Chinese
- Act 91 Notice – Russian
- Act 91 Notice – Vietnamese
- Appendix B – Counseling Agency Notice to Lenders
- Appendix C – Approved HEMAP Counseling Agencies
- HEMAP NOTICE: PHFA Issues Advisory About CFPB – 120 days
- Homeowner Assistance Settlement Act (Act 70 of 2012)
- Legal Fees - 2016 Hourly Reimbursement Rate
- Legal Fees - Reimbursement Policy
We have made revisions to the HEMAP Policy Statement found below. This update was published in the PA Bulletin 4/30/2016 and will be codified in PA 31.201.
- 2020 Interest Rate, Legal Fee Reimbursement Rate and Counseling Agency Update Schedule
- 2019 Interest Rate, Legal Fee Reimbursement Rate and Counseling Agency Update Schedule
- 2018 Interest Rate, Legal Fee Reimbursement Rate and Counseling Agency Update Schedule
- Act 91 Notice and Policy Statement Update 4/2016
- PHFA announces adjustment to HEMAP program rules as a result of the current period of high unemployment