- Important Alert: PHFA employees will be working remotely until further notice in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
As a result, all PHFA offices are currently closed to the public.
- Due to scheduled system maintenance some log in websites will be unavailable on Sunday March 7, 2021. We apologize for the inconvenience.
PENNVEST: Home Improvement & Repair Loan Programs for Homeownership Professionals
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania funds the PENNVEST Homeowner Septic Loan, administered by PHFA, to assist eligible homeowners who need to repair or replace their individual on-lot septic system or their connection to public sewer OR to make a first time connection to a public sewer system. The program is an "easy sell" with its low rate, $25,000 maximum loan, and up to 20 year term. What a way to help homeowners out in a time of need, and maybe find a great new customer in the process.
PHFA is seeking lending institutions to participate as sponsored originators in this program in all areas of Pennsylvania. We want to hear from potentially interested organizations! Call us at 717.780.3871 or give us your e-mail to be invited to a brief program overview webinar. The application consists of Forms 1, and 2 or 3 below. Form 2 is for PHFA Participating Lenders; Form 3 for new lenders applying to offer the septic loan only. To submit your application electronically for review, contact the Special Initiatives Unit for an application upload link. A paper copy of these forms may be obtained by contacting the Agency by phone or in writing to PHFA, Homeownership Programs Division, 211 North Front Street, P.O. Box 8029, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8029.
PHFA provides forms and legal documents (mortgage, note, etc.) for lenders' use. Lenders preferring to use their Loan Origination System-generated forms may do so as long as their documents are similar to PHFA's. This is especially important for the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure. PHFA must be notified of, and have an opportunity to review Participants' LOS-generated forms prior to use.
- 01: Participant Application
- 03: Contract for New Lenders
- 04: Origination File Checklist
- 05: 56001 PENNVEST Application
- 06: Loan Estimate
- 07: Shoppable Service Providers List
- 08: Technical Certification
- 09: Notice to HUD
- 10: Borrower Guidance
- 11: Homeowner's Process
- 12: Closed Loan Submission Checklist
- 13: Closing Disclosure
- 14: Note
- 15: Escrow Agreement
- 16: Mortgage
- 17: Rescission Notice
- 18: Exception Request
- 19: Affidavit of Residence
- 21: Name Affidavit
- 22: 56002 Completion Certification
- 23: Hello/Goodbye Letter
- 25: Borrower Authorization
- 31: Taxpayer Consent